The online world is full of authentic people and resources, as well as inauthentic and imposters. It is very necessary for a webmaster, to restrain from such activities that regard an effort or a person under the category of plagiarism. Although the search engines try their best to discourage plagiarism, however it still goes on and black-hat SEOs adapt it to gain non-earned benefits.
A good online marketing service provider would never rely on plagiarism, as it understands that it might be an easy way out but in a long run, it never turns out good. Therefore, a good online marketer would always offer genuine and authentic website link building services on genuine content. Nevertheless, if your content is being copied and you are a victim of plagiarism, then you need to take the following measures in order to ensure that you get the rightful claim to your content.
- Gather Information: As soon as you get some hint about your content being copied, the next step you need to take is to gather as much information as possible about the plagiarist and the content being republished. For this purpose you can have information such as: Screen shotURLPart of content that is being copied among all these kinds of information that prove your authenticity of the content, the most important one is the screenshot of the content published by the plagiarist and the one published by you. The dates of publishing on both the contents would tell the difference.
- DMCA Complaint: DMCA is an abbreviation for Digital Millennium Copyright Act which criminalizes any copyright infringement. Although as per law it is not mandatory to have any sort of copyright statement in the content, however, if you get a chance to add one, it would do you good. Once you find your content copied, you can easily file a complaint under this act by sending the screenshots of the copied content.
- Confronting Plagiarist In Writing: For the content in question, it is imperative that the original content creator must confront the plagiarist in writing. You must right the plagiarist an email and let him or she know about what they have done and what kind of response do you expect from the culprit, such as removal, payment or attribution. The plagiarist must also be informed that you have reported the act in DMCA. As a result of this writing, the plagiarist would start removing your copied content or would comply with whatever requirements you have pertaining to your content.
- Spread the Word: It is natural for a person who sees his or her content copied to get furious and starting a campaign against the person who copied the content. An affordable SEO services provider would also recommend the same, and would suggest spreading the word against the plagiarist as much as possible so that people come to know about the real creator of the content and the following of the plagiarist declines.
- Appreciate Yourself: Every cloud has a silver lining, therefore, if you see your content being copied, then the least you could do is to appreciate yourself at your creation as no one would copy a loose or below par content. Therefore, be appreciative of yourself and try to produce more superior content.
Bottom Line: In short, no one likes someone else to reap the fruit of the efforts and turmoil the person goes through. The above mentioned information will help you take the credit for what is rightly yours and help discourage the act of plagiarism in the online world.